Developer building a new estate in Whittlsey publishes record figures
- Credit: Archant
Building firm Larkfleet Homes has published record results having built 399 homes in the last year, an 83 per cent increase on previous figures.
Financial turnover was almost £80 million, up from £49 million in 2016.
Larkfleet Homes is owned by Karl Hick and joint managing director Helen Hick, who locally, are developing the Whittlesey Green site on the outskirts of the town.
Karl Hick, chief executive officer of Larkfleet Homes, said: “The house building industry has been through some difficult years recently. “However, I am pleased to say that Larkfleet weathered the storms of the recession and we are rapidly expanding our activities.
“We are now building more houses on more sites than ever before.
“In all the places where we are active we are delivering high quality and energy-efficient new homes that will enable people to ‘get a foot on the property ladder’ and help to tackle the nation’s housing crisis.”
You may also want to watch:
The core of its activity is in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
However, it has recently extended with the launch of subsidiaries in Scotland, the South West of England and in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Larkfleet recently secured a £35 million loan from Cheyne Capital Management to finance its expansion plans.
The loan will enable Larkfleet to expand the company’s operations and invest in existing and new sites.
Larkfleet is among the UK’s top 50 house builders and has two major brands – Larkfleet Homes which builds timber-framed homes and Allison Homes which builds traditional ‘brick and block’ constructed homes.