Did this caravan come to grief on a Fenland road by accident? Or was it, as police suspect, a case of fly tipping?
- Credit: Archant
Police launched an appeal to find the owner of a caravan who they suspect dumped into a riverside drain alongside the Whittlesey Road, Turves.
Officers posted pictures of the caravan on social media in the hope someone might recognise who last owned it.
“Lost a caravan? We found one,” police reported on Twitter.
They added: “Might need a bit of TLC”.
A later post remarked: “No one has come forward to claim their caravan from this morning as of yet. Not surprised!”
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone with information to call 101.
The caravan was spotted by police on Monday and recovery trucks called to retrieve it from the drain.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend