Did you know March has it’s own comedy night? The Buffs Pub will host the next one with Matt Hoss, Elise Gallois and Paul Kerr later this month
- Credit: Archant
How many people in March realise that we have a comedy club in town?
We certainly didn’t until we saw a post on social media and went along for what proved to be a laughter-packed evening with an eclectic group of comedians, some of whom came from as far away as Cambridge.
The comedy night was set up by Dan Farmer six months ago and is held on the last Monday of the month at The Buffs Public House in Robingoodfellow’s Lane.
For just £3 each we were kept entertained by seven different comedians with very different styles from the sombre, hangdog style of Josh Massen, as the opening act; the Stewart Lee like stream of consciousness of James D Irwin; a light-hearted look at sex-education by Nessie Ward; an angst-ridden set by Dan Farmer; honest observations of Jamie Green; a pun-filled routine by the delightful Adele Cliff and finally the wise-cracks of Chris Norton Walker. The evening was hosted by March based compere Gary Tustin.
Dan Farmer said: “Most comedy nights limit the acts to five minute slots, which can be rather restrictive.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to offer upcoming comedians a night where they are free to experiment with longer material that they wouldn’t normally get the chance to perform, as well as providing something different for people in March to enjoy.
“We are honoured to be visited by professional comedians from Cambridge who relish the chance to try out material that they will be using at the Edinburgh Fringe” he added.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“So if any of you are like us and enjoy an evening of live comedy, come along to The Buffs Pub, 5 Robingoodfellows Lane PE15 8HL on Monday 27 February at 7.30pm for an 8pm start.”
Comedians who will perform on the night are Matt Hoss, Witner Foenander, Elise Gallois, Paul Kerr and Nessie Ward. The compere will be Gary Tustin.
For advance tickets contact The Buffs on 01354 657734.