Large diesel spillage in Whittlesey after two-car crash blocks road – Highways called to clear mess
- Credit: Supplied/Cambs Cops
Recovery of a lorry and car are underway in Whittlesey after the two vehicles collided – leaving a tank of diesel all over the road.
Police officers blocked Stonald Road in the Fenland town after the lorry and car crashed near the traffic lights at around 11am this morning (September 26).
Highways have been called to the scene of the incident which occurred on the junction with Delph earlier today.
A spokesman said: "Recovery is under way, however half the carriageway is covered in diesel after a split to the fuel tank of one of the vehicles.
"We were called at about 11.10am with reports of a collision between a lorry and a car on Stonald Road, Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers attended and highways were contacted as the lorry was leaking diesel. No mention of any injuries."
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home