Digester, if approved, will be larger than any other in the country - three times larger than the one at Chittering
An application was refused by the committee earlier this year.
The application is for a digester, larger than any other in the country. It is three times larger than the one still in the process of being built at Chittering and the nearest one to compare it with is in Germany.
5000 acres of arable crop land will be used, to grow the maize from Fenland alone and more maize will be transported from elsewhere. The digester will be used to make biogas which will be transported via a pipe line which will be laid under the roads and Fields to join the main grid.
We do not expect this application to be dealt with before May. As this is such a big issue locally, I and county councillor David Connor will be holding a councillor surgery sometime in April to hear the views of the local people.
As soon as I have a venue and time I will advertise it locally and on www.shapeyourplace.org.uk where you can find some conversation on the subject already.
You may also want to watch:
SANDRA RYLAND (Cllr)
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend