Dilapidated buildings put under the spotlight at March Society meeting
- Credit: Archant
The issue of dilapidated buildings in Fenland was on the agenda at a society’s monthly meeting.
Fenland District Councillor Simon King, the outgoing cabinet member for renaissance and conservation, spoke at the March Society.
He said great strides had been made over the past year in dealing with the problems of derelict, deteriorating and dilapidated properties and that he was confident progress will continue to be made.
The June event of The March Society is on Wednesday, June 4 at 7pm in March Library when society treasurer Stan Rust will share the history of the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
The talk is £1.50 for members, £2.50 non-members.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or e-mail www.themarchsociety.org.uk
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed