Dancing, dinner and deserving winners in Whittlesey for Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
It was a chance to dance the night away as the Whittlesey Royal British held their dinner dance at the Ivy Leaf Club.
More than 125 people attended the event to recognise and celebrate the hard work of the local branch.
As part of the evening there were three special awards presented and dancing to the 59ers.
Ken Mayor was the first recipient receiving a surprise gift for his hard work after retiring from the role of chairman after eight years dedicated service.
Mick Cooke was awarded member of the year, the second time his name is now engraved on the shield, and finally Sue Piergianni was honoured for her hard work for Remembrance Sunday and the Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in the work of the Royal British Legion who would like to get involved at a local level in Whittlesey should contact chairman Pauline Edge at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire