Jurassic March! Dinosaur poses for selfies while passing through town
- Credit: Linda Richardson
Fenland residents had a shock at the weekend when a giant dinosaur walked through March high street in a bid to cheer people up.
Operated by David Abbott, the imported state-of-the art costume was walked through the town centre and up to Deerfield Road on Saturday (April 24).
One young boy forced his dad to stop the car when passing the dinosaur so he could get out and grab a selfie with the prehistoric creature.
Mr Abbott, who has lived in March most of his life, works in a garage during the week and does costume play (cosplay) part time.
Teresa, his mother, said: “It’s a real walking dinosaur, David gets in it and it makes all the noises, it’s even got a camera in it and everything else.
“David goes to cosplay conventions and he’s going to start doing parties and things for charity, he’s just doing it to cheer people up in the town.”
Linda Richardson, a passer-by, said: “My grandson Myles Brandon, who is the youngest child of David and Jemma Brandon, made his dad stop the car so he could stroke him.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Woman in court over town pub burglary