Disappointed in 38 per cent turnout in March East for council elections
I AM not an analyst and wouldn’t pretend to be one - so I will make no attempt to analyse the local election results for the East Ward of March! That has already been done.
I will say that the turnout was poor - 38 per cent of eligible voters bothered, which simply means that 62 per cent didn’t bother. In simple terms about four in 10 voted.
I was disappointed, and it is a shame when somebody like Martin Field cannot get election and certain opportunists, who I believe are in it for what they can get, do get elected.
Keep wearing your black robes and you will look exactly what you are - so fair play to Councillor Skoulding for refusing to wear his. Different backgrounds but a man after my own heart.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?