Disappointed in 38 per cent turnout in March East for council elections
I AM not an analyst and wouldn’t pretend to be one - so I will make no attempt to analyse the local election results for the East Ward of March! That has already been done.
I will say that the turnout was poor - 38 per cent of eligible voters bothered, which simply means that 62 per cent didn’t bother. In simple terms about four in 10 voted.
I was disappointed, and it is a shame when somebody like Martin Field cannot get election and certain opportunists, who I believe are in it for what they can get, do get elected.
Keep wearing your black robes and you will look exactly what you are - so fair play to Councillor Skoulding for refusing to wear his. Different backgrounds but a man after my own heart.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned