Discover the power of meditation in an event coming to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Discover the power of meditation and mindfulness in Wisbech with an event coming to the town’s library.
Organisers say that it will boost positive mental energy by learning how to cultivate beneficial states of mind that bring peace and contentment.
A spokesman said: “The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful.
“If our mind is peaceful, we shall be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we shall experience true happiness.
“By training in meditation we can gradually learn to stay peaceful all the time, even in the most difficult circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
“If we practice meditation we will experience a calm, spacious feeling in the mind, and many of our usual problems will fall away.
“Difficult situations will become easier to deal with, we will naturally feel warm and well disposed towards other people, and our relationships with others will gradually improve.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
There are two one-hour sessions with a coffee break and an opportunity to chat and ask questions.
• The event is at Wisbech Library on Saturday June 10 from 10.30am - 1pm. Costs £15. Teacher is Alison Hawtin. For more information visit www.meditateinpeterborough.org.uk.