Discover the power of meditation in an event coming to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Discover the power of meditation and mindfulness in Wisbech with an event coming to the town’s library.
Organisers say that it will boost positive mental energy by learning how to cultivate beneficial states of mind that bring peace and contentment.
A spokesman said: “The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful.
“If our mind is peaceful, we shall be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we shall experience true happiness.
“By training in meditation we can gradually learn to stay peaceful all the time, even in the most difficult circumstances.
“If we practice meditation we will experience a calm, spacious feeling in the mind, and many of our usual problems will fall away.
“Difficult situations will become easier to deal with, we will naturally feel warm and well disposed towards other people, and our relationships with others will gradually improve.”
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched
There are two one-hour sessions with a coffee break and an opportunity to chat and ask questions.
• The event is at Wisbech Library on Saturday June 10 from 10.30am - 1pm. Costs £15. Teacher is Alison Hawtin. For more information visit www.meditateinpeterborough.org.uk.