Discover the secrets of Peckover House at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy the chance to explore rooms not open to the public with behind the scenes tours at Peckover House in Wisbech.
The tours take people onto the roof of the historic building and down into the cellars then on to Lord Peckover’s bathroom.
A spokesman said: “It’s a really interesting tour and we get a lot of positive comments about it from people.
“A team of volunteers take the tours around so you get to learn a lot of the history and see many areas of the house not normally open to visitors.”
The next tours are on August 22 and 23, then there will be two in September and a further two in October.
You may also want to watch:
There is an additional £3 cost for adults or £1.50 for children in addition to the usual entrance fee.
Visitors are advised to book in advance by calling 01945-583463.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage