Disgusted at low turnout at meeting of Upwell Jazz Club featuring Pete Neighbour
I AM writing to you to tell of my disgust at the apathy of many people in the locality. Let me expand on this.
I was extremely fortunate to attend a live music session at Three Holes Village Hall on February 24.
The event, run by Upwell Jazz Club, featured Pete Neighbour – one of the top three jazz clarinettists in the world.
The turnout, although apparently food by club standards, was totally disappointing. Every clarinet teacher, player or learner should have been at this event.
The performance given by Pete was musical, technical and very entertaining along with much knowledge of music in general being imparted - a wonderful musical masterclass.
You may also want to watch:
On talking to the organiser he told me that he mail-shotted more than 50 schools, sent out information via e-mail, had advertising in local shops, libraries etc, had a good review from Alan Barnes on BBC Radio Norfolk and had had good coverage from the local papers.
What do you have to do to get people off their backsides?
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
I was led to believe that there were a small number of clarinettists in the audience along with a head of music from a local school – brave and many thanks for your effort in making the time to support this event.
If people do not support events such as these, the organisers will not be able to carry on running them – what a waste for the people and their children for the future.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED