Dishwasher fire at Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A DISHWASHER burst into flames at a house leaving its owner needing treatment for smoke inhalation.
Crew in two fire engines attended the blaze at 2.15am on Sunday in Peterborough Road, Whittlesey.
Officers entered the house wearing breathing apparatus and used hose reels to extinguish the fire.
The owner of the house, who was already outside when they arrived, needed treatment for smoke inhalation from ambulance crew.
The cause of the fire was an accidental electrical fault
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 3.45am.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache