Disneyland Paris awaits March family which won our Cooperative Travel Holiday Competition
YOUNG mum Tina Varney hoped to save up and take her two children to Disneyland Paris next year. But the 22-year-old scooped the first prize in our holiday photograph competition and will soon be packing the family suitcases ready for a fabulous half-term break there.
The trip, worth more than �1,200, was offered through the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard by Co-operative Travel based in the Westgate department store in March, in association with Leger Holidays and Disneyland Paris.
They combined to offer a wonderful three-night, four-day trip staying at the four-star Magic Circus Hotel.
Tina, of Harvester Close, March, sent in a photograph of her two children, Leah and Ollie Connolly, on the beach at Mablethorpe. Readers readers voted it the holiday snap of the year.
Tina said: “I was going to try and save up so we could go next year. I went when I was younger and had always wanted to take my own children while they are at the right kind of age. Leah is already excited and Ollie loves Toy Story.
You may also want to watch:
“When they told me I had won I said ‘are you being serious’. I telephoned my mum and just started screaming down the phone.”
Tina’s mum, Susan Varney of Guyhirn, will be accompanying her daughter and grandchildren, aged four and two, on the trip.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
Four-year-old Leah, who has just started as a pupil at Maple Grove Infants School in March, is a Disney fan and her favourite character is Tinkerbell. Her bedroom is already decorated in the Disney princess style.
Ashley Dellow of Leger Holidays said: “I am really pleased for Tina and her family. It will be Halloween at Disneyland and I am sure they will have a great time.”