Disposing of your Christmas waste
CHRISTMAS and New Year are behind us, and the clearing up process is uppermost in people s minds at this time of year. To help householders dispose of their waste in an environmentally-friendly way, Fenland Council has some useful advice. Christmas trees
CHRISTMAS and New Year are behind us, and the clearing up process is uppermost in people's minds at this time of year.
To help householders dispose of their waste in an environmentally-friendly way, Fenland Council has some useful advice.
Christmas trees should be put out for your next brown bin collection. The tree can go inside the brown bin or alongside it.
Christmas cards should be placed in the blue bins or taken to either WH Smith or Tesco stores where they will be recycled to raise money for the Woodland Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Bottles can be disposed of at any one of the 40 bottle bank centres across Fenland. The council has provided 10 additional bottle banks to cope with the demand at this time of year, but householders are encouraged to wait until next week if possible before disposing of their bottles because the bottle banks can be particularly busy.
Locations of glass and bottle bank sites across Fenland are: Tesco's, March; Sainsbury's, March; City Road car park, March; Braza Club, March; Household Waste Recycling Centre, Hundred Road, March; Rosco Works, Upwell Road, Christchurch; Manea British Legion; Glebe Close, Manea; Furrowfields car park, Chatteris; The Sportsman, Chatteris; High Street car park, Benwick; Doddington sports ground; Beech Avenue sports ground car park, Doddington; Wimblington village hall; Eastgate car park, Whittlesey; Bricklayers Arms, Whittlesey; Railway Inn, Whittlesey; Woolpack Lane car park, Whittlesey; Ivy Leaf Club, Whittlesey; Strawbear PH, Whittlesey; Household Waste Recycling Centre, Whittlesey; Vine PH, Coates; Leverington Sports and Social Club; Six Ringers PH, Leverington; Gorefield Primary School; Newton village hall; Tydd St Giles Community Centre; Chapel of Ease, Guyhirn; Murrow village hall; The Green, Parson Drove; Cemetery car park, Wisbech St Mary; Somers Road car park, Wisbech; Church Terrace car park, Wisbech; Flowerpot PH, Wisbech; Blackfriars PH, Wisbech; The Bell, Walsoken; Tesco's, Wisbech; Household Waste Recycling Centre, Wisbech; Elm Primary School.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4