Distraught dog owner from March pleads for return of Taz
A DISTRAUGHT dog owner is appealing for help to find her pet which was stolen from outside a March bank.
Tracy Burton tied up Taz, a Whippet cross dog, outside Barclays Bank in High Street but just minutes later he was seen being bundled into a car by two men.
Ms Burton left Taz with his lead securely tied to a post at about 2pm. When she came out the bank his lead was left on the post but Taz had gone.
She said: “A man came running up to me and said two men had pulled up in a Red Peugot 406 and put Taz in the back. He took the number and told me to go straight to the police. I don’t know who he was but I would like to say thank-you to him.”
Ms Burton of Hurst Avenue, and who is in ill health, got Taz in April last year as a rescue dog. He will be one year old tomorrow (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
She said: “How could anyone be so cruel? He has been a blessing to me and has helped turn my life around. I just want him back, he is so loveable and such a beautiful dog.
“He is not a racing dog, he would be no good for rabbiting or hareing and is not a full breed. He could not be used for breeding so I am hoping that when they find these things out they will let me have him back.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Taz is fawn coloured with black on his muzzle and tail and a while patch on his chest. He was wearing a collar with his name and contact details on it and has also been micro chipped.
Ms Burton was due to have a medical procedure carried out today but said: “I could not go through with it without Taz, there is no point in going on without him.”
Can you help? Contact Ms Burton Tel 07932709068 or police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.