Distraught dog owner from March pleads for return of Taz
A DISTRAUGHT dog owner is appealing for help to find her pet which was stolen from outside a March bank.
Tracy Burton tied up Taz, a Whippet cross dog, outside Barclays Bank in High Street but just minutes later he was seen being bundled into a car by two men.
Ms Burton left Taz with his lead securely tied to a post at about 2pm. When she came out the bank his lead was left on the post but Taz had gone.
She said: “A man came running up to me and said two men had pulled up in a Red Peugot 406 and put Taz in the back. He took the number and told me to go straight to the police. I don’t know who he was but I would like to say thank-you to him.”
Ms Burton of Hurst Avenue, and who is in ill health, got Taz in April last year as a rescue dog. He will be one year old tomorrow (Tuesday).
She said: “How could anyone be so cruel? He has been a blessing to me and has helped turn my life around. I just want him back, he is so loveable and such a beautiful dog.
“He is not a racing dog, he would be no good for rabbiting or hareing and is not a full breed. He could not be used for breeding so I am hoping that when they find these things out they will let me have him back.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
Taz is fawn coloured with black on his muzzle and tail and a while patch on his chest. He was wearing a collar with his name and contact details on it and has also been micro chipped.
Ms Burton was due to have a medical procedure carried out today but said: “I could not go through with it without Taz, there is no point in going on without him.”
Can you help? Contact Ms Burton Tel 07932709068 or police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.