Distraught grandmother appeals for return of her bag which was stolen in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A 65-YEAR-OLD woman has appealed for the return of her bag, which was stolen from a charity shop in Chatteris on Thursday.
The black bag disappeared while Abbey Flack was shopping for clothes for her five year old grandson in Branching Out, on Chatteris High Street.
Her passport, a Hannah Montana purse containing more than £200 rent money and personal belongings were in the bag, which had a parrot keyring attached to it.
She said: “I’m really gutted. I was doing my weekly shop and when I went into the Branching out charity shop I had my bag with me with my rent money in it and my passport which I had just collected from the post office.
“I must have been there from 12.15 until 12.40. When I got back to my flat I realised I did not have my bag with me. “I went back down the charity shop and no one had handed it in.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbey lives on her own and has health issues, She had a heart attack four years ago and suffers from arthritis.
Her daughter lives in America and she is worried she will not be able to visit her because her passport has been taken.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
She said: “She’s been saving for me to go visit her at the end of next year but that plan has been ruined because I can’t afford a new passport,
“I’m stressed out. People that take something that does not belong to them are not honest. If I found a bag I would take it to the police station.”
Abbey is offering a reward for the return of her passport and bag.
She said: “I don’t have much money but I’m willing to give £20 if someone returns the bag with the passport.”
If you have any information about the bag contact Abbey on 07825912013