Floods Ferry Road in the Fens forced shut after car leaves road and lands upside down in water-filled ditch – recovery are on-scene
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
The driver and a passenger escaped unhurt today after their car left a Fenland road and landed upside down in a water filled-ditch.
"The collision involved a single vehicle which careered off the road and landed upside down in a water-filled ditch," said a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police.
"The two occupants of the car were uninjured and able to get themselves out of the vehicle safely."
Police were forced to close the road for a while to recover the vehicle.
Officers were called to Floods Ferry Road near Doddington and discovered that both occupants had escaped injury after their Peugeot 207 crashed at around 10am
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman urged others to "please avoid Floods Ferry Road in the Fenlands areas as we are going to be closing the road to recover the vehicle."
He said they had been called at 10.23am following the collision which involved a single vehicle left the road.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire