Diva demands! Cambridgeshire hotel grants Norwich City fan request for framed Wes Hoolahan photo by his bed
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich City fan woke up next to Wes Hoolahan after a Cambridgshire hotel fulfilled his special request for a framed photo of the much-loved midfielder by his bed.
Darren Wood, 30, from Norwich, travelled to the Haycock Hotel in Wansford, Cambridgshire, last Friday for his cousin’s wedding and wanted to make sure his best man Wes was right beside him.
When making the booking online, Mr Wood was asked for any special requirements and wrote in the box: “a framed picture of Wes Hoolahan on the bedside table.”
Mr Wood said: “I just saw the special requests box and thought it would be funny. I didn’t think they’d actually do it.
“I’ve been a Norwich fan ever since my parents took me to a game, against Notts County I think, when I was four.
You may also want to watch:
“Wes is the most talented footballer I’ve ever seen wear a Norwich shirt and we’re lucky to have him.
“I paid the best part of £200 for a match worn, signed shirt 2 years back. I think that tells you what I think of him!”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Mr Wood’s tweet of the framed photo has been retweeted over 1,300 times.
Wes Hoolahan joined Norwich City in 2008 and has clocked up an impressive 300 appearances.