Do not bury your head in the sand over all the extra infrastructure needed because of immigration, councillor says
The letter from Peter Harvey (May 15) concerns me greatly. He must have his head in the sand and fails to see the blatantly obvious.
Official migration figures each year are over 250,000. This number is bigger than the population of Peterborough.
At present people share bedrooms, flats, houses etc, loft conversions to help fit more people into the same property.
Many of them want a vehicle, and many roads are not big enough for each car owner to park near their home.
This problem is collectively known as lack of “infrastructure”. This Government proposes to build affordable houses. Even if they do manage this, they do not have any plans for the rest of the problem, which is to build all the extra items needed for a new town every year the size of Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
List all the building that a new city needs - a reservoir, sewage and collected waste disposal, churches, schools, shopping centres, police stations, hospitals, doctors surgery, a library, restaurants, roads, gas, electricity - the list is almost endless.
This is a nightmare situation. There is no way we can continue trying to put a quart into a pint pot.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
COUNCILLOR ALAN LAY