Do you have information about the Ottoman Motocart?
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER March man is trying to discover more about an unusual agricultural cart that he drove when working in a market garden back in the 1960s.
Glenn Fletcher says the cart - called an Ottoman Motocart - had to be driven by someone standing up, and could always be relied upon to tow start a Massey tractor on a cold morning.
“I have always been curious about that motocart,” said Glenn. “I would like to know when and where it was built, Also, the engine had just one cylinder, and I would like to know who many ccs the engine had.”
Glenn, now 63 and retired, took a photo of the cart with his Kodak Brownie camera in 1969, is appealing to readers of this newspaper to supply him with any information about the machine.
“It is probably the only picture of this curious machine from days gone by,” added Glenn, who lived in March until the 1990s and now lives in Grimsby. “I would appreciate hearing from any reader who has memories of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help Glenn is asked to call him on 07522 450677.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years