Do you know an amazing carer? Then nominate them for a prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
Carers could be in the running for a prestigious award with an event that last year saw a Wisbech teenager win the title.
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire has launched the Pride in Our Carers Awards 2017 – and invites nominations to honour family carers and carer friendly professionals and organisations that go the extra mile.
Dr Helen Brown, CEO of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, said: “For the second year running we are celebrating the fantastic work of countless unpaid carers of all ages in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This is your chance to say thank you.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for us to celebrate family carers of all ages, with increasing numbers in their eighties and nineties and not in the best of health themselves, who have a dedicated caring role without receiving any recognition for what they do.
“This is a chance for people to show their appreciation for them, as well as the carer friendly GP practices, health and social care professionals, teachers and community organisations and businesses that support family carers.
You may also want to watch:
“The first ever Pride in Our Carers Awards was held last year and was a great success. It was a very humbling and moving experience to hear so many poignant stories about selfless family carers in our community and the great examples of how some people and employers helped them.
“We want to hear many more this year. Family carers are our unsung heroes and we hope the Awards will inspire more employers and community groups to learn about them and raise the bar in the support they offer unpaid carers.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
The results will be announced at a ceremony in Cambridge on Tuesday June 13.
This will be run in partnership with Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, Peterborough City Council and Cambridgeshire County Council.
• The deadline for nominations is Friday April 7. They will be judged by an independent panel of carers and professionals.
• Any informal carer givers of any age or community groups, organisations and businesses (or people in them) who have made a difference to family carers in their community.
• The Awards particularly want to recognise organisations and individuals who are carer friendly and regularly lead by example in their support for carers.
• Categories are: Carer of the Year, Young Carer of the Year, Carer Friendly Employer of the Year, Carer Friendly Health Award, Carer Friendly Social Care, Carer Friendly Voluntary Organisation, Carer Friendly School.
• Visit www.carerstrustcambridgeshire.org or call 01480 499090, email firstname.lastname@example.org.