Do you know somebody who goes out of their way to help others? Nominate them for Coates citizen of the year award
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are open to suggest villagers who have gone the extra mile for an annual citizen of the year award.
The Coates Citizen of the Year is an annual event that was launched in 2011.
Mark Fairbank, chairman of Friends of Holy Trinity, said: “It celebrates a person, who has been voted for by fellow villagers, who has contributed significantly to the village over recent years.
“We are now looking for help in choosing the candidates for the 2017 awards.
“We all know someone who is helpful, but can you think of someone who goes out of their way to help many villagers or the local community. “Candidates can be of any age, and can be put forward for any reason that you feel is worthy.
“Maybe a teenager that helps other people tend their gardens, a person that runs a local club, meeting or charity, the helpful neighbour who always has the time when you need a hand, or a villager who is well known by everyone for their kindness.”
To nominate send their name and a brief reason why and include your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Fairbank, 14 Church Gardens, Coates. PE7 2BF. Closing date is Monday July 10.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 5 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 6 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
The winner will be announced at the Coates Village Show on Saturday July 15.