Do you know somebody who goes out of their way to help others? Nominate them for Coates citizen of the year award
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are open to suggest villagers who have gone the extra mile for an annual citizen of the year award.
The Coates Citizen of the Year is an annual event that was launched in 2011.
Mark Fairbank, chairman of Friends of Holy Trinity, said: “It celebrates a person, who has been voted for by fellow villagers, who has contributed significantly to the village over recent years.
“We are now looking for help in choosing the candidates for the 2017 awards.
“We all know someone who is helpful, but can you think of someone who goes out of their way to help many villagers or the local community. “Candidates can be of any age, and can be put forward for any reason that you feel is worthy.
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe a teenager that helps other people tend their gardens, a person that runs a local club, meeting or charity, the helpful neighbour who always has the time when you need a hand, or a villager who is well known by everyone for their kindness.”
To nominate send their name and a brief reason why and include your name and contact details to email@example.com or Mark Fairbank, 14 Church Gardens, Coates. PE7 2BF. Closing date is Monday July 10.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The winner will be announced at the Coates Village Show on Saturday July 15.