Do you recognise these? Haul of runner’s medals recovered in Fenland
A HAUL of distinctive medals and horse brasses which are suspected to have been stolen have been recovered in Chatteris.
The mementoes are handed out to runners who complete various races - including the Hastings half marathon and the Hereward Relay, which takes place between Peterborough and Ely. A pocket watch from the 1999 London Marathon was also found.
The brasses were recovered in Chatteris but could have been stolen from other towns or villages in the area including March and St Ives.
Detective Constable Sharon Popple said: “These brasses are quite unique and I’m sure someone will recognise them.
“While they may not be very valuable, they must be of sentimental importance to the person who collected them through participating in various races over the past 12 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the brasses should call DC Popple on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail