The Prince and Princess of Doddington do the honours at this year’s snow covered Christmas Lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Doddington lit up last month (November 25) as the Christmas lights were officially switched on – hundreds of locals came out to see the town burst with colour.
Amongst the excitement of the switch on, a Funfair, Santa’s Grotto and Craft Fair was also on offer – along with food and refreshments provided by the George pub.
A spokesman said: “It’s been by far the busiest year we have ever had and today would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our committee & volunteers.
“It also wouldn’t have been possible without our sponsors, donators and the support of the residents of our amazing village, without you all we wouldn’t have achieved what we did this year.”
The crowds were entertained by live music from Vicki Mason’s Future stars Theatre as they sang traditional Christmas songs.
You may also want to watch:
The lights were switched on at 4:30pm by the village Prince and princess, Evie Shepherd & Ethan Hariison – with the snow falling over the crowds.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years