The Prince and Princess of Doddington do the honours at this year’s snow covered Christmas Lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Doddington lit up last month (November 25) as the Christmas lights were officially switched on – hundreds of locals came out to see the town burst with colour.
Amongst the excitement of the switch on, a Funfair, Santa’s Grotto and Craft Fair was also on offer – along with food and refreshments provided by the George pub.
A spokesman said: “It’s been by far the busiest year we have ever had and today would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our committee & volunteers.
“It also wouldn’t have been possible without our sponsors, donators and the support of the residents of our amazing village, without you all we wouldn’t have achieved what we did this year.”
The crowds were entertained by live music from Vicki Mason’s Future stars Theatre as they sang traditional Christmas songs.
You may also want to watch:
The lights were switched on at 4:30pm by the village Prince and princess, Evie Shepherd & Ethan Hariison – with the snow falling over the crowds.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k