Doddington care home cooking team’s award winning Christmas cake tickles judges taste buds
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland care home cooking team has scooped an award for their Christmas cake.
Doddington Court chef John Bird and cook Priscilla Bartram won Sanctuary’s sixth Christmas Cake Competition, which took place at its Worcester offices.
The pair impressed judges with their traditional cake, which was covered with snow-white icing and holly leaves and engraved with a Merry Christmas message.
Mrs Bartram used her own recipe and decorated the festive treat.
She said: “I’m a big fan of cake-baking – every day I make the tenants at Doddington Court a lemon drizzle cake.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t go into the competition expecting to win anything, so I’m delighted the cake went down well with the judges.”
Jean Cattanach, Unilever’s regional accounts controller, said: “I was completely blown away by the diversity, creativity and attention to detail that went into making and decorating these beautiful cakes.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 10 Man found dead in March