Doddington Carnival and Sports Day brings community spirit to life in village
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds lined the streets of Doddington on Saturday as the village held its annual carnival and sports day.
Organised by the Doddington Village Sports and Carnival Committee, this year’s theme was ‘best of British’
A spokesman said: “As a committee we would just like to say a massive thank you for all the help and support throughout the big day and events all year round, big or small, it is much appreciated. “It is great to see all of our hard work come together to make a little village like Doddington have such a great parade and sports afternoon.
“The atmosphere and community spirit is what it’s all about. All floats and vehicles in the parade made so much effort and were amazing.
“Even with the warm sunny weather the children and adults still participated in the races.”
You may also want to watch:
Junior float winners were Lionel Walden School with ‘Britain in Bloom’.
Runners up were GirlGuiding Doddington with ‘Garden Party’.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
Senior float winners were Ladies That Lunch with ‘Alice in Wonderland Tea Party’. Runners up were Doddington United Football Club with ‘Great British Summer Holiday’.
The visitor’s float was won by Fenland Shotokan Karate Club with ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.