Doddington Carnival and Sports Day brings community spirit to life in village
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds lined the streets of Doddington on Saturday as the village held its annual carnival and sports day.
Organised by the Doddington Village Sports and Carnival Committee, this year’s theme was ‘best of British’
A spokesman said: “As a committee we would just like to say a massive thank you for all the help and support throughout the big day and events all year round, big or small, it is much appreciated. “It is great to see all of our hard work come together to make a little village like Doddington have such a great parade and sports afternoon.
“The atmosphere and community spirit is what it’s all about. All floats and vehicles in the parade made so much effort and were amazing.
“Even with the warm sunny weather the children and adults still participated in the races.”
You may also want to watch:
Junior float winners were Lionel Walden School with ‘Britain in Bloom’.
Runners up were GirlGuiding Doddington with ‘Garden Party’.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Senior float winners were Ladies That Lunch with ‘Alice in Wonderland Tea Party’. Runners up were Doddington United Football Club with ‘Great British Summer Holiday’.
The visitor’s float was won by Fenland Shotokan Karate Club with ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.