Watch the moment thugs ‘ruin’ carnival scarecrow display
- Credit: THE THREE TUNS
Thugs have been caught on camera ruining scarecrows that were part of a village carnival display.
The footage, which was caught on a nearby pub's CCTV, shows the young people going up to the scarerow before punching it and then running away.
The scarecrows are part of a display which is organised by the volunteer-run Doddington Carnival and Sports Committee.
The committee said: "This is so disappointing to see and we hope this does not happen again."
The owner of the pub who caught the suspects on his CCTV camera said: "Well done to the morons that did this to the scarecrows last night.
"They were walking from the direction of the clock tower at 11pm last night."
You may also want to watch:
The carnival team added: "The scarecrow display has been great again this year, so many thanks for all of the hard work, time and effort that has gone into building these.
"However it seems as though some people celebrated a little too hard last night and have decided to ruin two of the scarecrows in the village."
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home