Showers didn’t spoil the fun at Doddington Carnival and Sports Day 2019
- Credit: Archant
It might have rained but that didn’t stop hundreds of people enjoying themselves at this year’s Countries of the World themed Doddington Carnvial & Sports Day.
After a morning procession through the village there was an afternoon of sports and entertainment including circus training, bouncy castles, running races, a raffle and face painting.
Before the parade - which was led by this year's prince and princess Kieran Rush and Danielle Buxton - the winner of the fancy dress competition was announced and the floats were judged.
The organisers said: "On behalf of all the Doddington Village Sports and Carnival committee we would like to thank everyone for showing your support for making another brilliant carnival day," said the organisers.
"We didn't let the few showers ruin our day. The children's running races still went ahead and everyone who took part is a winner.
You may also want to watch:
"Well done to all the children who participated, we hope to see you all again next year. We look forward to our next event of our family disco and presentation evening on September 7."
David Sneesby, who attended, said: "What a fantastic day, it was so nice to see every one enjoying themselves."
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Andrew Wake added: "Let's keep this tradition going for our future generations to enjoy."