Showers didn’t spoil the fun at Doddington Carnival and Sports Day 2019
- Credit: Archant
It might have rained but that didn’t stop hundreds of people enjoying themselves at this year’s Countries of the World themed Doddington Carnvial & Sports Day.
After a morning procession through the village there was an afternoon of sports and entertainment including circus training, bouncy castles, running races, a raffle and face painting.
Before the parade - which was led by this year's prince and princess Kieran Rush and Danielle Buxton - the winner of the fancy dress competition was announced and the floats were judged.
The organisers said: "On behalf of all the Doddington Village Sports and Carnival committee we would like to thank everyone for showing your support for making another brilliant carnival day," said the organisers.
"We didn't let the few showers ruin our day. The children's running races still went ahead and everyone who took part is a winner.
You may also want to watch:
"Well done to all the children who participated, we hope to see you all again next year. We look forward to our next event of our family disco and presentation evening on September 7."
David Sneesby, who attended, said: "What a fantastic day, it was so nice to see every one enjoying themselves."
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Andrew Wake added: "Let's keep this tradition going for our future generations to enjoy."