Cambs Fire crews issue warning after chimney blaze in Doddington
PUBLISHED: 11:12 25 May 2018 | UPDATED: 11:12 25 May 2018
Local fire crews have issued a warning to ensure homeowners get their chimney swept after a fire in Doddington last night (Thursday May 24).
One crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire on Newgate Street, at 7.51pm.
The crew arrived to find a chimney well alight. Using a nine metre ladder, working at height gear and one hose reel, firefighters extinguished the blaze.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The crew returned to their station by 9.45pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.