Cambs Fire crews issue warning after chimney blaze in Doddington
- Credit: Archant
Local fire crews have issued a warning to ensure homeowners get their chimney swept after a fire in Doddington last night (Thursday May 24).
One crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire on Newgate Street, at 7.51pm.
The crew arrived to find a chimney well alight. Using a nine metre ladder, working at height gear and one hose reel, firefighters extinguished the blaze.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The crew returned to their station by 9.45pm.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache