Fun for all the family at the Christmas lights switch on in Doddington
- Credit: Archant
Doddington will come alive with hundreds of sparkling lights when the village holds its annual switch on ceremony this weekend.
The Christmas lights annual switch on will take place on Saturday 24 at Doddington Clock Tower at 4.30pm although entertainment begins at around 4.10pm with a local singer leading the crowd in carols.
Doing the honours of switching them on is carnival prince, Luke Buckle, and carnival princess, Imogen Rush.
At around 4.10pm there will be carol singing performed by future star Vicki Mason around the Clock Tower.
There will be a craft fair, which is bigger than previous years with more than 50 stalls attending.
You may also want to watch:
The fayre is in both the Methodist Hall, New Street, and the Village Hall, Benwick Road,
Doors will open at 1pm to the public and close at 5pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
There is also an inflatable Santa’s Grotto, a fair, face painter and hot food, which will be located on the car park of The George Public House, New Street.