Fun for all the family at the Christmas lights switch on in Doddington
- Credit: Archant
Doddington will come alive with hundreds of sparkling lights when the village holds its annual switch on ceremony this weekend.
The Christmas lights annual switch on will take place on Saturday 24 at Doddington Clock Tower at 4.30pm although entertainment begins at around 4.10pm with a local singer leading the crowd in carols.
Doing the honours of switching them on is carnival prince, Luke Buckle, and carnival princess, Imogen Rush.
At around 4.10pm there will be carol singing performed by future star Vicki Mason around the Clock Tower.
There will be a craft fair, which is bigger than previous years with more than 50 stalls attending.
You may also want to watch:
The fayre is in both the Methodist Hall, New Street, and the Village Hall, Benwick Road,
Doors will open at 1pm to the public and close at 5pm.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
There is also an inflatable Santa’s Grotto, a fair, face painter and hot food, which will be located on the car park of The George Public House, New Street.