Santa comes to Doddington for village’s Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people lined the streets of Doddington on Saturday night as the village came together for its annual Christmas lights switch-on.
Thanks to a £4,000 grant from Tesco's supermarket token scheme, this year's display included 80 new silhouettes, 1,400m of cable and 1,400 new, brighter, bulbs.
The lights, which now stretch a mile from Manor Estate to Newgate Street, were turned on by Doddington Carnival Prince and Princess Kieran Rush and Danielle Buxton.
Entertainment came from the Doddington Singers, Vicky Mason and the Future Stars while there was an inflatable Santa's grotto for children and 60 stalls across the Methodist Hall, scout hut and part of The George pub's car park.
The Christmas fun continues next Friday (December 20) as the pavilion hosts a children's party with a visit from Santa Claus as well as an entertainer.
You may also want to watch:
The party takes place from 2pm until 5pm and costs £3 per child.
Tickets can be bought from Bridget Knowles by emailing email@example.com
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed