Villagae care home celebrates VE Day anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Residents at Doddington Court care home enjoyed a social distancing afternoon tea as they celebrated the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
Although the coronavirus pandemic meant that they couldn’t have the big VE Day celebrations originally planned, it didn’t stop residents and staff at Sanctuary Retirement Living’s home from celebrating.
They marked the occasion with lots of decorations and flags throughout the service and, to help residents celebrate in style, the in-house catering team created an afternoon tea.
The special treat included a selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones with jam and cream, and a cup of tea or coffee.
Some residents enjoyed the afternoon tea in their apartments and others enjoyed it whilst social-distancing in the large communal spaces.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Hunt, Doddington Court’s chef manager, said, “It was a lovely day and the residents all really enjoyed themselves.
“It was a great opportunity for them mark the occasion in a safe way, and raise a toast to our World War II heroes.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages