Vaccination centre cancels clinic
- Credit: Fenland Group Practice
A Covid-19 vaccine centre in Fenland has cancelled its vaccination clinic this Friday due to a shortage of people booking their jab.
The centre said: "Sadly we have been forced to cancel the vaccination clinic on June 4 as we just do not have enough patients booked in to make it worthwhile opening.
"Those patients who are booked will be contacted to be offered an alternative appointment."
The notice goes on to suggest that "the publicity around blood clots and the Astra-Zeneca vaccine is affecting the uptake of second vaccines.
"So far, there are no recorded cases of clots occurring after second doses.
"All the clots are linked to rare problems, and would occur after the first dose."
The centre is now encouraging all patients who have received their first dose of the AZ vaccine to book in and get a second does.
"It gives much greater protection than one dose alone," the post added.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
"If you are in doubt, please discuss it with your GP."
The Doddington surgery is among five sites run by Fenland Group Practice, which also includes surgeries in Manea, Wimblington, Priors Field in Sutton and Rainbow in Ramsey.