Vaccination centre cancels clinic
- Credit: Fenland Group Practice
A Covid-19 vaccine centre in Fenland has cancelled its vaccination clinic this Friday due to a shortage of people booking their jab.
The centre said: "Sadly we have been forced to cancel the vaccination clinic on June 4 as we just do not have enough patients booked in to make it worthwhile opening.
"Those patients who are booked will be contacted to be offered an alternative appointment."
The notice goes on to suggest that "the publicity around blood clots and the Astra-Zeneca vaccine is affecting the uptake of second vaccines.
"So far, there are no recorded cases of clots occurring after second doses.
"All the clots are linked to rare problems, and would occur after the first dose."
You may also want to watch:
The centre is now encouraging all patients who have received their first dose of the AZ vaccine to book in and get a second does.
"It gives much greater protection than one dose alone," the post added.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
"If you are in doubt, please discuss it with your GP."
The Doddington surgery is among five sites run by Fenland Group Practice, which also includes surgeries in Manea, Wimblington, Priors Field in Sutton and Rainbow in Ramsey.