Vaccination centre cancels clinic
- Credit: Fenland Group Practice
A Covid-19 vaccine centre in Fenland has cancelled its vaccination clinic this Friday due to a shortage of people booking their jab.
The centre said: "Sadly we have been forced to cancel the vaccination clinic on June 4 as we just do not have enough patients booked in to make it worthwhile opening.
"Those patients who are booked will be contacted to be offered an alternative appointment."
The notice goes on to suggest that "the publicity around blood clots and the Astra-Zeneca vaccine is affecting the uptake of second vaccines.
"So far, there are no recorded cases of clots occurring after second doses.
"All the clots are linked to rare problems, and would occur after the first dose."
The centre is now encouraging all patients who have received their first dose of the AZ vaccine to book in and get a second does.
"It gives much greater protection than one dose alone," the post added.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man charged following Peterborough murder
"If you are in doubt, please discuss it with your GP."
The Doddington surgery is among five sites run by Fenland Group Practice, which also includes surgeries in Manea, Wimblington, Priors Field in Sutton and Rainbow in Ramsey.