Vaccination centre cancels clinic
- Credit: Fenland Group Practice
A Covid-19 vaccine centre in Fenland has cancelled its vaccination clinic this Friday due to a shortage of people booking their jab.
The centre said: "Sadly we have been forced to cancel the vaccination clinic on June 4 as we just do not have enough patients booked in to make it worthwhile opening.
"Those patients who are booked will be contacted to be offered an alternative appointment."
The notice goes on to suggest that "the publicity around blood clots and the Astra-Zeneca vaccine is affecting the uptake of second vaccines.
"So far, there are no recorded cases of clots occurring after second doses.
"All the clots are linked to rare problems, and would occur after the first dose."
You may also want to watch:
The centre is now encouraging all patients who have received their first dose of the AZ vaccine to book in and get a second does.
"It gives much greater protection than one dose alone," the post added.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 9 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
"If you are in doubt, please discuss it with your GP."
The Doddington surgery is among five sites run by Fenland Group Practice, which also includes surgeries in Manea, Wimblington, Priors Field in Sutton and Rainbow in Ramsey.