Driver arrested for being twice legal alcohol limit and testing positive for cannabis gave police false name
- Credit: Archant
A driver arrested at 1.30am for being twice the legal alcohol limit and testing positive for cannabis gave a false name at the side of the road.
The driver was found to be slurring their words when officers stopped a vehicle on Primrose Hill.
Officers carried out a DrugWipe first followed by a breath test. Despite testing positive for cannabis, the driver said: “No officer I have not taken drugs”.
The driver also failed the breath test by blowing 54, limit being 35. The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.
The driver also gave false details at the side of the road as when they got to custody they gave their real name.
You may also want to watch:
Inquires into this incident continue.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home