Driver arrested for being twice legal alcohol limit and testing positive for cannabis gave police false name
- Credit: Archant
A driver arrested at 1.30am for being twice the legal alcohol limit and testing positive for cannabis gave a false name at the side of the road.
The driver was found to be slurring their words when officers stopped a vehicle on Primrose Hill.
Officers carried out a DrugWipe first followed by a breath test. Despite testing positive for cannabis, the driver said: “No officer I have not taken drugs”.
The driver also failed the breath test by blowing 54, limit being 35. The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.
The driver also gave false details at the side of the road as when they got to custody they gave their real name.
You may also want to watch:
Inquires into this incident continue.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years