Doddington mum to run half marathon in memory of nine-year-old son Jack
- Credit: Archant
A mum from Doddington has raised more than £400 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices in memory of her nine-year-old son Jack.
Elizabeth Moate will run the Flaming June Half Marathon in June in aid of EACH, who helped support her family after her son’s death in November 2015 aged just nine.
Jack Moate lived with 22 conditions and suffered from regular seizures. He was never able to sit, stand, walk or talk, and had to be fed by tube.
Jack, who attended Meadowgate School in Wisbech, had short breaks at the charity’s Milton hospice. It also helped provide end of life care before he died at home.
“He was my brave solider until the end - now he is my angel,” said the 42-year-old who lives with her sons Harry, nine, and Ethan, six, both Lionel Warden Primary School pupils, and daughter Elizabeth, two.
You may also want to watch:
“EACH has supported my family throughout Jack’s life and his passing, and still do today,” she added.
“Jack was nine and had a smile that could radiate any room. He was my world. “He wasn’t meant to go when he did and I miss him sorely. He gave more to me and others in his short nine years than most people do in a lifetime.”
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
Elizabeth will run the half-marathon, which starts at Histon & Impington Recreation Ground, on Sunday June 4. Elizabeth’s brother Steve will also raise money for EACH when he treks to Everest base camp in October.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/Elizabeth-Moate