Doddington parishioner putting on course on film Casablanca where she will explore its Christian themes
- Credit: Archant
A parishioner is putting on a course based on the film Casablanca.
Vicki Smith, who is parishioner at St Mary’s Church in Doddington, says the course, called A Beautiful Friendship, will explain how the film relates to Christian themes.
The Oscar winning 1942 film, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, will be shown at Benwick church on Thursday at 7pm.
Discussions will take place on every following Thursday at 7pm up until March 26.
Refreshments will be available and the course is free and open to all.
She said: “I hope this course will arouse interest in people who normally do not associate Christianity with the movies. “I’d love to see as many people as possible attending.
“Benwick Church is a very modern venue with great central heating, a screen and good sound system. Everyone would be most welcome.”
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
More information at www.sixfenchurches.co.uk or call Vicki on 07957642138.