Doddington parishioner putting on course on film Casablanca where she will explore its Christian themes
- Credit: Archant
A parishioner is putting on a course based on the film Casablanca.
Vicki Smith, who is parishioner at St Mary’s Church in Doddington, says the course, called A Beautiful Friendship, will explain how the film relates to Christian themes.
The Oscar winning 1942 film, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, will be shown at Benwick church on Thursday at 7pm.
Discussions will take place on every following Thursday at 7pm up until March 26.
Refreshments will be available and the course is free and open to all.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I hope this course will arouse interest in people who normally do not associate Christianity with the movies. “I’d love to see as many people as possible attending.
“Benwick Church is a very modern venue with great central heating, a screen and good sound system. Everyone would be most welcome.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
More information at www.sixfenchurches.co.uk or call Vicki on 07957642138.