Neighbours sing happy birthday to celebrate Wilfred turning 100-years-old
- Credit: Archant
A Doddington resident turned who turned 100-years-old during the coronavirus lockdown was still able to celebrate his special day thanks to his neighbours who surprised him.
Dozens of families gathered on the green in Manor Estate to celebrate his milestone achievement - whilst adhering to social distancing rules.
After receiving a round of applause when he came to the front of his home, residents then sang ‘For He’s A Jolly Good Fellow’. Wilfred’s family members were among those singing and clapping.
Afterwards his neighbour Bridget Knowles posted to Facebook: “Wilf was overwhelmed with this and wants to say thank you to everyone that turned out.
“Myself and Wilf’s family want to say thank you all for coming out and wishing him a happy hundredth birthday.
You may also want to watch:
“And thank you all for keeping to social distancing.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road