Doddington’s St Mary’s Church ends 18 month wait to find a new priest
- Credit: Archant
The benefices of Doddington, Benwick, Wimblington, Christchurch, Manea and Welney are celebrating after ending their 18 month wait to find a new priest.
Reverend Ian Brady will be installed as the new Priest-in-charge at a service at St Mary’s church in Doddington on Monday September 5.
Rev’d Brady arrives after six years living on the Isle of Man and replaces Rev’d Kevin Fitzgibbon who recently announced his retirement.
Next month’s service will be a double celebration as Ian’s wife, Lynda, will also come in as his associate minister for the same parishes.
The licensing and installation of both Ian and Lynda is being conducted by the Right Reverend Stephen Conway, Bishop of Ely and their induction is being performed by the Venerable Hugh McCurdy, Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech.
There will be a reception at Doddington Village Hall following the service. All are welcome.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life