Doddington’s St Mary’s Church ends 18 month wait to find a new priest
- Credit: Archant
The benefices of Doddington, Benwick, Wimblington, Christchurch, Manea and Welney are celebrating after ending their 18 month wait to find a new priest.
Reverend Ian Brady will be installed as the new Priest-in-charge at a service at St Mary’s church in Doddington on Monday September 5.
Rev’d Brady arrives after six years living on the Isle of Man and replaces Rev’d Kevin Fitzgibbon who recently announced his retirement.
Next month’s service will be a double celebration as Ian’s wife, Lynda, will also come in as his associate minister for the same parishes.
The licensing and installation of both Ian and Lynda is being conducted by the Right Reverend Stephen Conway, Bishop of Ely and their induction is being performed by the Venerable Hugh McCurdy, Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a reception at Doddington Village Hall following the service. All are welcome.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November