Doddington Scout Group raise over £150 singing Christmas carols outside March Sainsbury’s
- Credit: Archant
The 1st Doddington Scout Group has raised £169.68 singing Christmas carols outside of Sainsbury’s in March.
All of the funds raised are going towards repairing the Scout hall in Doddington.
The Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and their families braved the cold for two hours on Saturday (December 16) singing away to passers by.
A spokesman said: “They did a fabulous job, and braved the cold to provide two hours of festive cheer to Sainsbury’s shoppers in March.
“Thank you to all who took part, to all who supported us, and to Sainsbury’s.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has an active Beaver Colony, Cub Pack and Scout Troop and own the Doddington hall – they welcome boys and girls of any faith aged between six and 14 and those aged 14-18 can join the district explorer unit.
For more information on the 1st Doddington Scout Group visit: www.doddingtonscouts.org.uk
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government