Doddington teenager gains place at Youth Music Theatre for new musical ‘Cautionary Tales’
A girl from Doddington has secured a place at the Youth Music Theatre and is joining the cast of a new musical.
Charley Kirby gained her place at the Youth Music Theatre UK company for 2018 after an audition in February this year that saw more than 100 performers take part.
The 13-year-old will be spending a full on two week period rehearsing in Plymouth prior to performing ‘Cautionary Tales’ at the Plymouth Barbican.
Charley is a pupil at Wisbech Grammer School and on Saturdays she is also a student at KD Theatre Academy in Soham.
She is is also a dance student at The Octagon Studios in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
Youth Music Theatre works across the UK and Ireland with industry professionals to offer opportunities and training to young singers, actors, dancers and musicians as well as emerging artists and stage technicians.
The Cautionary Tales show will take place on Saturday August 11 and Sunday August 12.
For more information, visit: www.youthmusictheatreuk.org
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off