Vaccine centre prepares for last weekend delivering Covid-19 booster jabs
- Credit: DODDINGTON VACCINATION CENTRE
A Covid-19 vaccination centre is preparing for its last two days delivering booster jabs this weekend (November 27-28).
Doddington vaccination centre has managed to administer nearly 100,000 vaccinations since opening, but it has proved “too difficult” to get extra staff in to offer any more appointments.
The team said: “This means all appointments we’re able to offer have now been booked - sorry.
“We understand that vaccinations may be able to be delivered in the future at Doddington, but this will no longer involve any of the local GP practices, and we have no further information regarding this."
They added: “It’s been a privilege and a pleasure to be able to provide this service that has only been possible with the help and support of volunteers and staff working in addition to their normal day jobs.”
“The genuine gratitude of the vast majority with smiling faces (behind mask) is rewarding enough.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'