Dog bites an eight year old boy in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
An eight year old boy was taken to hospital after he was bitten by a dog as he walked across playing fields.
Police officers are appealing for information after the boy was bitten yesterday (Sunday 22) in Peterborough.
At about 7pm the boy was walking across a playing field in Hallfields Lane when the dog bit him.
A police spokesman said: “He received minor injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital as a precaution. The dog was seized and is currently being held at a police kennel.
“A 36-year-old man from Peterborough was arrested on suspicion of allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place but has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who saw the incident and has any information should call police on 101 quoting 35/16780/18 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report “Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000