Dog bites an eight year old boy in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
An eight year old boy was taken to hospital after he was bitten by a dog as he walked across playing fields.
Police officers are appealing for information after the boy was bitten yesterday (Sunday 22) in Peterborough.
At about 7pm the boy was walking across a playing field in Hallfields Lane when the dog bit him.
A police spokesman said: “He received minor injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital as a precaution. The dog was seized and is currently being held at a police kennel.
“A 36-year-old man from Peterborough was arrested on suspicion of allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place but has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who saw the incident and has any information should call police on 101 quoting 35/16780/18 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report “Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off