Dog day and afternoon for have-a-go hounds
COULD your dog win a “Prettiest Bitch”, “Most Handsome Dog”, “Waggiest Tail” or “Cutest Puppy” competition?
If so they might be interested in an upcoming fun dog show in Ely on September 29 to raise money for the Wiccaweys Rescue Border Collies and Working Sheepdogs charity.
Organiser Shirley Sadler, from Little Downham, explained: “The show is a fun family day out for all ages with a variety of stalls selling jams, cakes and refreshments.
“There will be a have-a-go agility test for the dogs with jumps, A-frames, weaves and tunnels for the dogs to have a go at.”
There’ll also be a sausage race where each dog runs up to a bowl full of bangers and the first dog to eat the most sausages and return to the finish line wins.
All of the winners of each individual class will then go forward to compete for the best in show prize.
Shirley said: “It’s for any dog really, be it a rescue dog, mixed breed, pure breed, whatever.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
All of the proceeds will go to Wiccaweys who are dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of unwanted border collies and working sheepdogs.
The fun dog show will be held at Fenland Dog Training & Isle Small Animal Veterinary Centre on West Fen Road, Ely, CB6 2BZ.
For further information please contact Shirley via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit Wiccaweys at: www.wiccaweys.co.uk.