Dog escapes serious injuries after being kicked in the head into a ditch
- Credit: Archant
A dog escaped serious injuries when it was hit by a car then kicked in the head into a ditch on Thursday.
The horrific attack on a male, yellow Labrador retriever took place in Walsoken.
The dog was lifted out of the ditch by a concerned driver and taken to Vetsavers in Wisbech.
A full clinical examination found the dog, which has since been re-united with his owners, had no serious injuries.
Jayne Rolfe, of Best Friends Veterinary Group, said: “We received a phone call to say that she had seen a person kick a dog in the head and was concerned the dog may be injured. “Thankfully following a full clinical examination it was found that the animal had no remarkable injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The dog was microchipped but its owners were originally uncontactable so it was taken to a dog warden.
However, contact was eventually made and the dog has now been re-united with its owners.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Mrs Rolfe said: “Thankfully this story has a happy ending but we all find the actions of the person who kicked the animal in the head disgraceful.
“We would also urge people to have their pets microchipped to keep the contact details registered to the microchip up to date.”