Dog-friendly Macmillan cake and coffee day at Revolution Hair Salon, March, raises hundreds
- Credit: Archant
Dogs and their owners wagged their tails all the way to Revolution Hair Salon in March today to raise over £400 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organised by salon owner Lucy Bishop and staff member Jane Sinclair - with the help of eight-year-old labrador Benson Bishop - the fundraiser offered homemade cakes, coffee, tea and even sweet treats for dogs to boost funds on the day.
Lucy said: “I wanted to hold a fundraiser to give something back to the community.
“It’s a good cause that of course we would like to help, and we never know when we might need it.”
Lucy’s mum, Jenny Underdown, who was the “chief cook and bottle washer” for the day, added: “We never know what’s around the corner.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s friends and family that you think of at events like this.”
There was also a raffle, with numerous prizes donated by salon clients, and local businesses, including; Subway, New Vision, Elite Fitness, Savvy Cindarella, Simply Beautiful, Phoenix, Greggs and Bon Marche.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
3D Design & Print also donated the winner’s prize of a personalised photo canvas.