Firefighters to the rescue as dog saved from house fire
- Credit: Google Maps
A dog was saved by firefighters after a house caught fire.
The dog was rescued from a property in Mepal after a fire broke out yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
Nobody was injured in the blaze.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 3.20pm, one crew from Chatteris and the south roaming fire engine were called to a house fire on Meadow Way, Mepal.
“Crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of the bungalow.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely