Dogs - and their owners - invited to a day of obedience training by Roddons Housing
- Credit: Archant
Seventy people and 30 dogs attended Circle Housing Roddons’ day of free obedience training at Peyton Avenue play area, March.
There was face painting and games for the children and an array of courses for the dogs including a dog show.
A Roddons spokesman said: “The feedback was really positive from guests and the dogs seemed to enjoy it too.”
The event was run in conjunction with local dog training club K9.
The event gave owners the chance to find out exactly what they should do to keep their pet happy and healthy.
You may also want to watch:
Among advice given to dog owners was to ensure their get their pets micro chipped.
Owners in England will face a £500 fine if they don’t microchip their dog by April 2016.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle