Don’t believe North Cambs Hospital is safe, reader says
As far as North Cambs Hospital is safe, may I remind you of what happened with the Bowthorpe maternity hospital.
It must have been nearly 35 years ago now, that I along with many others, marched through Wisbech to save our local maternity unit where my two eldest were born.
We were promised, by a prominent minister, that the Bowthorpe was safe and that the government of the day was committed to small local units.
Needless to say, by the time I had my third child, she was born in King’s Lynn, under very different circumstances. People of Wisbech beware
You may also want to watch:
Former resident of Wisbech for 50 years
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November