Don’t believe North Cambs Hospital is safe, reader says
As far as North Cambs Hospital is safe, may I remind you of what happened with the Bowthorpe maternity hospital.
It must have been nearly 35 years ago now, that I along with many others, marched through Wisbech to save our local maternity unit where my two eldest were born.
We were promised, by a prominent minister, that the Bowthorpe was safe and that the government of the day was committed to small local units.
Needless to say, by the time I had my third child, she was born in King’s Lynn, under very different circumstances. People of Wisbech beware
Former resident of Wisbech for 50 years
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched